Overview “B5” is an absolutely stunning carbon-hulled, fast cruiser from Vismara, built in 2010 and refitted extensively in 2017.
Designed and commissioned with a view to going sailing with the family for extended cruising periods, but also enough performance and weight-saving, to be competitive on the race track when the time permitted.
She really is a perfect spec for effortless short-handed cruising at serious speed, which was further emphasised in the recent refit, with many new control systems added and upgraded…….A very special boat in her current condition.
The V54 was designed for a family use with high capability for the racing season. This means having the typical Vismara features: Lightweight construction with a carbon hull that keeps the displacement around 10- ton when 50 % of that is accounted for in the keel.
Easy sailing, using integrated systems on board combined with intelligent design such as the clean deck where all the controls recessed at the build phase and permit an easy manoeuvring with simple functionality during cruising, all in a press of a button.
The mainsail has the lion’s share and jib with minimal overlap, a code zero or Gennaker will take turns on the bow and offer plenty of power.
To meet the owners passion for both cruising and racing, there are two versions of the sail plan (square top main or traditional main specifically to ensure that only one person is required on deck besides the helmsman).
In terms of aesthetics, the classic geometry of the V55 is very much in evidence, but with the latest innovation from Vismara yachts with sleek hull lines, maximum beam amidships and flat stern sections.
• CE Certification – A
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• The hull and decks are built in a carbon fibre and epoxy sandwich under vacuum
• Light grey topside finish, with largely white cockpit and super structure and occasional black detailing.
• Teak decks and cockpit with light grey caulking – decks overhauled and recaulked 2017
Keel & Rudder:
• Lead bulb with new wings that are externally bolted – fitted 2017, for improved upwind performance and balance.
• Balanced rudder
Manufacturer/Model Vismara V54
Designer Alessandro Vismara
Engine Volvo D2-75
Fuel Capacity 300l
Hull Construction Carbon Fibre
Keel Type Fin Keel with shallower draft and winglets.
Drinking Water Capacity 500l (2 x 250 ltr)
Extensive 2017 Refit work includes;
‘B5’ was extensively refitted in 2017 with the completed works list as follows:-
• Lead winglets added to the bulb (designed and manufactured by Vismara. Installed in Malta with supervision of Vismara appointed surveyor)
• Polishing and repainting of hull topsides with repainting of style lines
• Removal of previous antifouling layers
• Complete overhaul of anchor system with sanding and new paint cycle of all parts
• Complete maintenance cycle and replacement of all service parts of MaxPower retractable bow thruster
• Replacement of Forespar seacocks internal elements
• Teak deck light sanding and recaulking with light grey rubber
• Overhaul of all deck hatches, including hinges replacement
• Painting of cockpit table
• Polishing and partial painting of cockpit and deck raised areas
• Replacement of halyard organiser covers and mast base covers with easily removable ones
• Painting of carbon wheels
• New carbon panels for instruments added
• New carbon protection for mast instruments added
• Painting of bow internal area bilges
• Light sanding and painting of interior woodworks keeping the original natural wood feeling
• Installation of 2 x Raymarine multi-function instruments at the wheels (including AIS repeater)
• Installed new wi-fi router with tablet for easy navigation
• Checks and full maintenance of the steering system
• Changes to the tender garage door electrical control system to improve functionality
• Service batteries replacement (4 x Mastervolt Gel 140Ah) – June 2017
• Engine battery replacement (Varta Gel 105 Ah) – September 2017
• Antal winches complete revision with replacemant of all worn out parts
• Hydraulic system maintenance
• Running rigging overhaul with replacement of worn out parts and components
• Code 0 furler revision
• Check on mast and shrouds
• New mainsail, code 0 halyards. New mainsail sheet
• New Quantum membrane mainsail – 50% carbon – 50% aramidic total 30000 dpi with UV stabilised grey double tafeta
• New self tacking jib Quantum – LP 90% – vertical battens. 50% carbon – 50% aramidic total 28000 dpi with UV stabilised grey double tafeta
• All other sails were sent to loft for care and repair (carbon jib, gennaker, code 0)
• New anti torsion cable for code 0
• Stove with 3x gas burners
• 115 litre 24v DC refrigerator plus freezer and drinks refrigerator – 3 in total.
• 3x heads and showers
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
• Eberspacher diesel fired heating system
• 32” LCD TV
• Sony DVD player with Bose speakers
• 1x 300 litres fuel tank
• 2x 250 litres fresh water tanks
• 1x 250 litres black water holding tank
• Double stainless steel rod lifelines.
• Cockpit table integrated in deck
• Pasarelle – integrated into the transom and made from carbon.
• Swimming ladder
• Dinghy in tender garage
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Electric anchor windlass
• Anchor with chain
• Fenders & warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Sprayhood and bimini
• Cockpit cushions